Where Gladiators Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» does limits still look at this board
by Limits Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am

» hi its me sumai
by Jianyu Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:47 pm

» Worst Gladiators in FreestyleGunZ
by Limits Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

» HOWZER IS A FAMOUS TV STAR NOW
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm

» forgot this site existed
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

:'[ skyrim

3 posters

Go down

:'[ skyrim Empty :'[ skyrim

Post by Shlayg Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:23 am

This is a sad story.
Aela the Huntress has been my companion through thin and thick for most of my character's experience in Skyrim. I can't count the number of times when I missed a crucial shot, and prayed to the heavens that I wouldn't be one-hit-KO'd - when Aela would slam an arrow into the monster's side to send it crashing to the ground, lifeless at my feet.
Wherever I journeyed, she'd always be there, watching my back, whether it was a frozen mountainside or the deep dark of Blackreach. She was such a good companion for me, since I'm a stealthy archer. She was similarly skilled, so she never gave our position away, even to the most perceptive enemies.
Long story short, she was my trusted companion, and I can't imagine having anyone else to guard my back.
Tonight, I was traveling to Markarth. I'd reached the small crossroads just east of the city, when I noticed - wait, where's Aela? I looked behind me, and she was nowhere to be seen. Bah, the woman's gotten herself lost again. But usually, if I waited for a second or two, I'd be able to see her torch waving in the distance, and I'd only have to wait a little while for her to catch up.
Which is why I decided to wait. But... then, a roar. And not any roar; THAT roar. The full moon in the still night sky was momentarily shrouded by a pair of massive, scaled wings, and I knew that battle was upon me. Cursing my luck at this ill timing, I nonetheless drew forth my bow. I'd have to do without Aela's help.
The battle went as usual. The dragon circled me and tried to fry me with its fiery breath, while I sprinted and dodged, loosing shafts of ebony death up at him whenever I could. This game of cat and mouse continued, until the dragon got impatient and landed.
When I recovered from the shock, I noticed that I was completely in the open. I knew the breath was coming - and surely enough, the dragon inhaled deeply. I let forth a powerful blast of unrelenting force at the beast, who reeled at the impact. I drew my swords with a battlecry and began to slice at the dragon's head.
The beast recovered quickly - too quickly - and those jaws lined with deadly teeth snapped at me. I could feel my heartbeat, and knew that I was gravely, gravely injured. I desperately fished in my bag for some potions, and found few. Worst of all, I had no way to stop the dragon's relentless assault. I'd been too reckless; I should have only closed the distance after weakening the dragon further.
And then; the sound of an arrow, cutting through the air. The dragon buckles and turns away from my gasping form with a snarl. I glance to my side, and there she is - that familiar sight, of a woman with a bow, rocking that Forsworn armor, defiant and valiant. She'd come to my rescue again. I sighed in relief and gave myself time to recover. I retreated and let Aela take the heat for a while. Surely, she'd bring forth her shield...
...but she did not. She was still aiming at the dragon's head when the beast snapped at her, buckling her legs. Then it continued its assault, and I watched in silent horror as the dragon's maw clasped around her form, and thrashed around with her body gnashing between its teeth before throwing her lifeless corpse away like a rag.
All I saw was red. My thu'um had once again filled my throat, and it came back with a vengeance. I tore open the Dragon's head with my swords, all notions of strategy wiped from thought.
When the dragon finally fell at my feet and I felt its soul surging into me, I stood still in silent vigil, blades still dripping with blood, mourning the death of my companion, who had once again saved my life - this time, at the cost of her own. Then I realized what I had to do. I couldn't leave her body to rot in the wilderness. She deserved dignity in death, at the very least.
It was surprisingly easy to find the body, even though it was dark. Her pale form was crumpled up against a boulder. Her distinctive armor was easy to identify; I'd reinforced that armor myself, with my own hands. I slowly approached, sighing; and then realized that the corpse was wearing a headdress.
Aela wears a circlet.
What the... and then it hit me.
I realized that my valiant hero had actually been a Forsworn forager.
I turned around to the sound of footsteps and saw Aela the Huntress, wearing her Circlet of Major Archery and the Forsworn armor that I had upgraded with my own hands, nonchalantly approaching me with a torch in one hand. She stared at me blankly until she noticed my look, and then she said,
"We've stopped. What is it?"
I stared at her stupendously, before I yelled:
...I THOUGHT YOU WAS DEAD, WOMAN

You should buy Skyrim if you haven't already.

Last edited by GimpFuck on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Shlayg
Shlayg
Admin

Back to top Go down

:'[ skyrim Empty Re: :'[ skyrim

Post by divinemarkpizza Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:37 am

i have aela the huntress as companion too good companion
divinemarkpizza
divinemarkpizza
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlayg Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 am

WRUM! wrote:
GimpFuck wrote:. . .
You should buy Skyrim if you haven't already.
I would if I could run it Sad((((((

Gotta love clicking edit instead of quote.

Anyway >>>>>Yeah I wish I could run it in full.

I have the shitty 9800GT which use to be a beast... Times flys too fast.
Shlayg
Shlayg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asunyan Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:18 am

I am also a stealthy archer. Good choice sir.
Asunyan
Asunyan
Forum Deity [RETIRED]
Forum Deity [RETIRED]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down