Where Gladiators Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» does limits still look at this board
by Limits Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am

» hi its me sumai
by Jianyu Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:47 pm

» Worst Gladiators in FreestyleGunZ
by Limits Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

» HOWZER IS A FAMOUS TV STAR NOW
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm

» forgot this site existed
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Demon's Souls is still good

5 posters

Go down

Demon's Souls is still good Empty Demon's Souls is still good

Post by Jeviok Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:43 am

Even though the servers are closed I made a new game again. Guess how I play this game? No magic and a katana and basic shield and armor. I also played most of the game without pants on. I'm good at parrying people too. It's fun having to use timing to win instead of wtfpro op equips. Yes, my gladiator mentality crosses over into all modes of everything I do. Skill prevails! I need to make a let's play of Demon's Souls so people can see how the game is actually supposed to be played. People play so cowardly in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I can't even stand to watch how they play in Let's Plays. And yes I only started playing Demon's Souls again because I wanted to swing a sword around in a skill based game. I'm thinking of giving Dark Souls another try. But honestly it just makes me wish I was playing Demon's Souls. I once took a 10 day vacation from work and played Demon's Souls pretty much throughout that entire 10 day time span when the game was new. Holy crap it was like the best consecutive 10 days of my life. No shame and no regrets. I beat the game twice then played through it with a friend where we invited each other to our worlds then I also got summoned by strangers and invaded other worlds and killed people. I definitely got my money's worth. I've also come to the conclusion that all pvp is about playing as cheap as possible with op equips. With the exception of our little super meta gladiator community. I'm also slowly getting back into gaming. I'd say I could play with some of you jerks on psn but I'm using a ps3 and you guys are probably on the ps10 by now, idk.
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Demon's Souls is still good Empty Re: Demon's Souls is still good

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:49 am

I wanted to try Demon's Souls but I don't have any of those consoles and I don't think the emulators for those architectures are doing well right now so yeah! Is it good?

edit: As in compared to ds1/2
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeviok Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 am

♥️♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥️♥️ wrote:I wanted to try Demon's Souls but I don't have any of those consoles and I don't think the emulators for those architectures are doing well right now so yeah! Is it good?

It's a playstation 3 exclusive. And if it wasn't good then I wouldn't still be playing it 6 years later Surprised It did win ign game of year 2009 afterall. And it's one of my favorite games ever.
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeviok Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 am

Well Dark Souls is cool but kind of frustrating in how cryptic some of the stuff is. I actually stopped playing because I couldn't level up my estus flask because I needed to have knowledge ahead of time to be able to know how to level it up, and it was too late to do so and I was too far into the game. I beat Ernstein and Smough using no magic, a non upgraded estus flask, and a standard upgraded uchigatana. I deserve a fuking medal for it. Incase you don't know it's like the toughest boss in the game. And I did it without backing away from them or anything else I see people do on youtube. I was in range of them the whole time avoiding their attacks and countering and dividing my attention to fight 2 bosses at once. It did take me like 100 tries though. I made it pretty far in Dark Souls, I never played Dark Souls 2 tho. If I try Dark Souls again and get through it then I'll pick up the second one. You really need to use the wiki for these games otherwise it's like impossible.
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 am

Ornstein and Smough are not difficult at all
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeviok Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 am

Anyone who plays Demon's Souls at this point can't have the same experience I did when it first came out because the servers are offline and the online elements and implementation was one of the best parts of the game. But it's still good in offline mode. I'm just glad I played it when I did
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:05 am

And yes, that's one of the cool things about the game, not giving you hints. Neither reinforcing your flask or kindling fires are particularly cryptic though
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeviok Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:07 am

♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ wrote:Ornstein and Smough are not difficult at all

You liar. All I see is people die to them on youtube and complain about the difficulty. Maybe the way I played made it tough. Who knows how you play though. If it's anything like how you play Gunz now then I can see why you would say that. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeviok Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:09 am

♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ wrote:And yes, that's one of the cool things about the game, not giving you hints. Neither reinforcing your flask or kindling fires are particularly cryptic though

Not giving you hints and being unnecessarily cryptic are two different things. Like the only way to get a uchigatana is to kill a specific important merchant. And not killing some guy you meet results in him killing the person you need to upgrade the flask. How would I have known that? No fair. I should have followed my original philosophy of just killing everyone I meet and I woulda been fine.
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by BoozeAddict Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:16 am

DS's Pc port is unplayable, so most people can't enjoy it Sad

BoozeAddict
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 am

Jeviok wrote:Maybe the way I played made it tough.

You're right, it's probably because you played poorly

Jeviok wrote:Not giving you hints and being unnecessarily cryptic are two different things. Like the only way to get a uchigatana is to kill a specific important merchant. And not killing some guy you meet results in him killing the person you need to upgrade the flask. How would I have known that? No fair. I should have followed my original philosophy of just killing everyone I meet and I woulda been fine.

Every firekeeper in the game can "upgrade" your flask, you do not need Anastacia for it

BoozeAddict wrote:DS's Pc port is unplayable, so most people can't enjoy it Sad

It's fine with dsfix and a controller
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by zalibidas Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 am

Whoa I've been playing Souls games since the release of Demon's Souls. PvPing the entire time. I still remember my build in Demon's. I started using two Katana's and no shield at all. I died SO much but I didn't like the idea of shield(... and I thought they were useless at the time for some reason) and played the entire game with either 1 katana or 2. I leveled that char max I could and learned PvP stopped at a certain range. I made like 3 other chars of all different builds. When Dark Souls came out, I played it a bunch on PS3 and made several SL120 chars and a few even lower to specifically PvP. I thought this game was a step up from Demon's... no grass, and parry seemed to register better. Downside was getting stabbed in the back.. in the face... lol. I know how it worked though. Just needed to be careful with high latency players and punish their attempts accordingly.

Dark Souls 2 IMO has the most fun PvP but isn't as good overall. Still sunk over 2k hours in the thing though... same deal as other two. With both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, I made chars on all possible consoles.

Recently.. tried bloodborne. I don't have the same attachment I do with the other games. Game is awesome but has no real PvP game. =/

Edit - Might be able to pick up a PS3 and Dark Souls/Dark Souls 2 in a few weeks time if ya wanted to play.

zalibidas
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanoobs Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Meh just do challenge playthroughs on Dark souls. For instance doing a no shield playthrough, or using crappy weapons(no magic or rituals ofcourse).

I mean it's an entirely open game so you could just go kill nito straight off, or try to.

Dark souls 2 is easier than ds1 tbh, buuut since it runs smoother it kinda makes up for it.  Still ds1 is probably the better of the two(but idk how well ds1 connectivity works now).
Hanoobs
Hanoobs
Qwerdf

Back to top Go down

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeviok Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:01 am

WHAT. Turns out Demon's Souls servers are back up.
Jeviok
Jeviok
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down