Where Gladiators Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» does limits still look at this board
by Limits Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am

» hi its me sumai
by Jianyu Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:47 pm

» Worst Gladiators in FreestyleGunZ
by Limits Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

» HOWZER IS A FAMOUS TV STAR NOW
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm

» forgot this site existed
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

So what do you guys think about this

+12
GanjaFarmerr
_ACAB_
viper2099
Jimmy Jay Iommi Blackmore
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
[A]ncient
williewodka
sillyfishy
GokuLowClass
Joel
mark
Kingofswords
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So what do you guys think about this Empty So what do you guys think about this

Post by Kingofswords Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am

So what do you guys think about this setup for mah new computer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a dutch site but does'nt matter cuz items are in English

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

So what do you guys think about this Empty Re: So what do you guys think about this

Post by mark Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 am

get a mechanical keyboard way more responsive cool clicky noise more durable
for the rest that setup is pro

Last edited by mark on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

mark
i suk dick and tugalord is so superior

Back to top Go down

So what do you guys think about this Empty Re: So what do you guys think about this

Post by Kingofswords Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 am

Ye alrdy thought bout mechanical keyboard but only thing I can find is that they're more expensive and that for like 3 Mili Seconds faster. Sad

The other stuff is good?

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 am

yea is pro u shud probably ask on tweakers.net tho too

I HAVE THE SAME COOLER BTW ITS VERY GOOD BUT HUGE AS FUK MAKE SURE IT FITS

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofswords Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 am

Alrdy did they gave me that option, but i wanted to ask the pros over here too cuz they r pro too.

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 am

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 am

i think its a waste of money
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 am

Joel wrote:i think its a waste of money
Well yea I agree with this. You could go on a holiday for this money :O

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofswords Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Well I see it as an investment. If I buy this now, I will definitly keep it for like 5+ years atleast. So that means that I don't spend €1500 on a holiday for 2 weeks. But on a computer that will last multiple years at least.

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 pm

cant see how is this is wasted money in any way joel ur a retard

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:35 pm

y buy top of teh range equip qhen it will all be ou t of date in 1 month and then ur PC owrth half the price

dou no what an economics is?

found thi on pavement on wallstreet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Joel wrote:y buy top of teh range equip qhen it will all be ou t of date in 1 month and then ur PC owrth half the price

dou no what an economics is?

found thi on pavement on wallstreet

no not rly

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyfishy Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm

but with good cmoputer mark will rape everyone so in time they will all buy insane computers to beat him and that graph will look like
thank you mark for saving the economy
sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:45 pm

mark wrote:cant see how is this is wasted money in any way joel ur a retard
he just posted comment means he has computer means he wanna buy comp when old one still works so it is waste of money and u could buy comp for 400 euro instead of 1500 wtf
go buy weed
if u sell it well u will have 3000
enough to buy the comp and weed

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:06 am

Moore's law son, Moore's law.
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofswords Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 am

That's why I said I'm keeping it for about 5 years minimum (so about 7 years). This cuz in 7 years the 'high-tech pro computer' now will be garbage then. But I don't think it's wasted money as I spend €1500,- on something that will last for 7 years. So theoraticall i'm 'only' spending €215 a year.

Also made a new setup, what do you guys think of this :

Changed the dual-GPU to single-GPU and changed the motherboard.

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:47 am

WRUM! wrote:If you guys still think technology doesn't age fast, then read this: [Wiki]

In short, a guy named Gordon Moore made a prediction that the number of transistors in integrated circuits will double every two years.
Wikipedia wrote:This trend has continued for more than half a century. 2005 sources expected it to continue until at least 2015 or 2020.[note 1][12] However, the 2010 update to the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors has growth slowing at the end of 2013,[13] after which time transistor counts and densities are to double only every 3 years.
Wikipedia puts doubling the number of transistors as a 40% increase in frequency.
That's ignoring any advancements in the architectural design (better use of parallel execution, faster hard drives, etc.)

As the new technologies are embraced by more vendors, the prices drop. And this happens very fast.

So, yeah a new PC would be ok for the next 5 years. I doubt developers would be able to use all of its resources. The price will drop a lot tho.

If you want to save some cash you can wait a couple of months. Chances the new stuff that comes out in that time won't severely outclass your new PC Very Happy
Other than that it's a crappy long term investment

MIGHT AS WELL NEVER BUY A PC CUZ ITS ALWAYS A WASTE OF MONEY PRO LOGIC

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 am

buy a laptop

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofswords Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:52 am

Well I already got the pc i'm on now for YEAARS like 5 years, but this pc was 'average' when we bought it.

So if I can last 5 years with a 'meh' computer i can last 7 years with a 'pro' computer.

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyfishy Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 am

i dont know shit about computers but i do know that my very old cheap nokia phone is still working and my expensive samsung galaxy s2 wont last 2 years
sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 pm

WRUM! wrote:
mark wrote:
WRUM! wrote:If you guys still think technology doesn't age fast, then read this: [Wiki]

In short, a guy named Gordon Moore made a prediction that the number of transistors in integrated circuits will double every two years.
Wikipedia wrote:This trend has continued for more than half a century. 2005 sources expected it to continue until at least 2015 or 2020.[note 1][12] However, the 2010 update to the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors has growth slowing at the end of 2013,[13] after which time transistor counts and densities are to double only every 3 years.
Wikipedia puts doubling the number of transistors as a 40% increase in frequency.
That's ignoring any advancements in the architectural design (better use of parallel execution, faster hard drives, etc.)

As the new technologies are embraced by more vendors, the prices drop. And this happens very fast.

So, yeah a new PC would be ok for the next 5 years. I doubt developers would be able to use all of its resources. The price will drop a lot tho.

If you want to save some cash you can wait a couple of months. Chances the new stuff that comes out in that time won't severely outclass your new PC Very Happy
Other than that it's a crappy long term investment

MIGHT AS WELL NEVER BUY A PC CUZ ITS ALWAYS A WASTE OF MONEY PRO LOGIC
Might as well read my post without understanding its meaning.

What I'm saying is that the price will decrease and the quality will increase making it a crappy long term investment. As in a don't-expect-it-to-do-awesome-after-3-years investment.

If you want/need new a new PC then you should probably get one. However, don't rationalize that 215 euro/year in the span of 7 years makes it a great deal. In fact after the first 3 years you'd have 'lost' half the processing power for the money you spent.

So yes, get whatever you can afford/are comfortable with. No, it won't last a long time, but then again your old PC would last even less.

Clear enough now?

it will be an good investmen
not like all the fuking games and programs will require 50% more processing power every 3 years or something
my 3 year old gtx 260 and q9550 still runs every new game on high and i still render movies really fast
andd all the new shit that actually becomes like 50% better every 2 years will be extremely high end and expensive and inaffordable as fuk

o and also this
look my old ass gtx 260 is still worth 200-300 euro
my q9550 is still almost the same price too
explain that u noob ass

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by mark Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm

WRUM! wrote:
mark wrote:it will be an good investmen
not like all the fuking games and programs will require 50% more processing power every 3 years or something
my 3 year old gtx 260 and q9550 still runs every new game on high and i still render movies really fast
OMG VROOM SAID THAT ALREADY wrote:So, yeah a new PC would be ok for the next 5 years. I doubt developers would be able to use all of its resources. The price will drop a lot tho.
mark wrote:andd all the new shit that actually becomes like 50% better every 2 years will be extremely high end and expensive and inaffordable as fuk

o and also this
look my old ass gtx 260 is still worth 200-300 euro
my q9550 is still almost the same price too
explain that u noob ass
Try buying a 20GB hard drive and you'll find that they are as expensive as an 80GB one. I had that problem with DDR2 ram.
no
they are not

mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofswords Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:03 am

I bougt it guys ;$!

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 am

Kingofswords wrote:I bougt it guys ;$!
i'ma steal it from u Twisted Evil

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofswords Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 am

Thnx babe, and willie you can't steal et from me. If i can spend €1500 on a computer, imagine what kinda weaponry i (could) got Ninja

Kingofswords
I'm a faggot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next