Where Gladiators Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» does limits still look at this board
by Limits Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am

» hi its me sumai
by Jianyu Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:47 pm

» Worst Gladiators in FreestyleGunZ
by Limits Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

» HOWZER IS A FAMOUS TV STAR NOW
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm

» forgot this site existed
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Give us a serious discussion board.

+5
williewodka
TugaLord
[A]ncient
GokuLowClass
Joel
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Give us a serious discussion board. Empty Give us a serious discussion board.

Post by Joel Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 am

Regarding the last 10 page wall-of-text-othon i present you this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

also please, all watch these videos.

Last edited by Joel on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Ninja edit complete.)
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Give us a serious discussion board. Empty Re: Give us a serious discussion board.

Post by GokuLowClass Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Very interesting Joel.

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Give us a serious discussion board. Empty Re: Give us a serious discussion board.

Post by Joel Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Not sleeping for 40 hours is fun

Last edited by Joel on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 pm

How can I make a thread with your name -.-'.

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:27 pm

The same way you can make your post appear a rather appealing green colour.
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm

ohhh u edited it lol.

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeah I guess lack of sleep and alcohol really messed me up last night Neutral(
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 pm

I deleted that crappy wall of text about geometry and ego.
And I'm not planning to let it go that far again.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character
Name: Yagamento The Dragon Sage
Race: Dragonian

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 am

Joel wrote:The same way you can make your post appear a rather appealing green colour.

It's that colour cause someone thanked him for that message Smile.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by TugaLord Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:54 am

[A]ncient wrote:I deleted that crappy wall of text about geometry and ego.

dat dunning kruger effect
TugaLord
TugaLord
Willie and tuga connect dicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 am

There goes 4 hours of effort from both red and Lance lol.

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:24 am

TugaLord wrote:

dat dunning kruger effect

Not sure what you're implying.
I just saw a pile of irrelevant text and rage/flame so I deleted it.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:24 am

GokuLowClass wrote:

Aw gee, such a shame ;p!
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:55 am

GokuLowClass wrote:
ancient is een hater.

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 am

Seems like this is no place for discussions, only for challenges and silly threads posting screenshots with scores in which people ACTUALLY FLAME.

And about kruger, there weren't any peeps in the thread who would be like that (Except for one and it is still a guess). I could quote to prove if the thread wouldn't be deleted.

Nah, it was deleted but discussions were made and it was useful (for me). The only harm would be that it cannot be continued.
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 am

RedSphinx wrote:Seems like this is no place for discussions, only for challenges and silly threads posting screenshots with scores in which people ACTUALLY FLAME.

And about kruger, there weren't any peeps in the thread who would be like that (Except for one and it is still a guess). I could quote to prove if the thread wouldn't be deleted.

Nah, it was deleted but discussions were made and it was useful (for me). The only harm would be that it cannot be continued.

And for that I apologize Red, I just saw it as a huge pile of fresh steaming spam. People kept spamming irrelevant information just to get more posts. But by all means you can make a new one and continue, but if it gets out of hand I will act accordingly.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 am

[A]ncient wrote:
RedSphinx wrote:Seems like this is no place for discussions, only for challenges and silly threads posting screenshots with scores in which people ACTUALLY FLAME.

And for that I apologize Red, I just saw it as a huge pile of fresh steaming spam. People kept spamming irrelevant information just to get more posts. But by all means you can make a new one and continue, but if it gets out of hand I will act accordingly.
They would waste 40 minutes on one post just to spam irrelevent information and to get more posts. I wonder if you even read anything in that thread Smile.

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 am

[A]ncient wrote:

Well in the end it was rather out of order, it was like an opinion war, not an opinion discussion. Deleting a thread was a rough decision, I think it would have been best to delete few posts and submit a post warning us or something. Oh well, no need to apologize.

Talking of Joel's videos. About first one, I can't recall who said that, but something like that: *Democracy is terrible system, but can you think of any better?*

And I really liked the second video, it is exactly what I think about pop culture, ipown should watch it three times a day for each day.

Bigots video was great, but according to that guy, apposing to an opinion is being a bigot? I agree we must listen to different side, but we can oppose, can't we?

Last video opened my eyes Shocked But I know examples from my personal experience when children are raised as centres of universe and they think they are one, meaning they would be some greater bigots. I think it is not only elimination of violence that is needed to raise independent and tolerant person.

40 minutes
40+ Neutral
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancegeis Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 am

Lancegeis
Lancegeis
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:46 am

Bill Maher like a baus.

RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 am

RedSphinx wrote:Talking of Joel's videos. About first one, I can't recall who said that, but something like that: *Democracy is terrible system, but can you think of any better?*
A One World Government and one-unit monetary system, under permanent non-elected hereditary oligarchists who self-select from among their numbers in the form of a feudal system as it was in the Middle Ages. In this One World entity, population will be limited by restrictions on the number of children per family, diseases, wars, famines, until 1 billion people who are useful to the ruling class, in areas which will be strictly and clearly defined, remain as the total world population.

There will be no middle class, only rulers and the servants. All laws will be uniform under a legal system of world courts practicing the same unified code of laws, backed up by a One World Government police force and a One World unified military to enforce laws in all former countries where no national boundaries shall exist. The system will be on the basis of a welfare state; those who are obedient and subservient to the One World Government will be rewarded with the means to live; those who are rebellious will simply be starved to death or be declared outlaws, thus a target for anyone who wishes to kill them. Privately owned firearms or weapons of any kind will be prohibited.

it ish kinda harsh but it is clear that the world will stay a mess forever the third world countries and the second world countries just cant get to our level. and as long as they dont get on their level they only give us war, disseases, riots, terrorists and criminals. and as long as the population of the earth keeps groing the circumstances around the world get worse. i'm not saying it is their fault though. they cant help that they couldnt evolve like every other part of the world. but the world is getting overpopulated. if we keep helping everybody then sooner or later we cant even help ourselves anymore.

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 am

A One World Government
This sound like a cute story, do you think it is possible? We do have something like it - United Nations or NATO. But yet it unite only certain countries. Currently it is impossible to deal with Islam due to religion matters, don't expect Islam to accept an alliance with Amercia or something like that. Neutral
The system will be on the basis of a welfare state; those who are obedient and subservient to the One World Government will be rewarded with the means to live; those who are rebellious will simply be starved to death or be declared outlaws
Meaning people must obey and there is no such thing as freedom to word or opinion, sound like communism / typical dictatorship.
and as long as they dont get on their level they only give us war, disseases, riots, terrorists and criminals.
Truth. But who would take this task to guid the third country? Another question, would they agree to be taken to someone else's hands or resist? This sound like occupation if done against the will.
but the world is getting overpopulated. if we keep helping everybody then sooner or later we cant even help ourselves anymore.
The thing is, we don't have to help them. And I doubt if we would still be helping if we would bump into this kind of danger. The key here is not to help at all. If they populate like fucking cats and they are out of space, food, medicine - they die. If they die, population is decreasing, less people there, meaning it normalize and adapt to conditions. The amount of people in area would be just it to survive and not to die by deseases or hunger. What we do right now is not good, but it looks like if we help them we do good to mankind, we are helpful, we are humanists. What we actually do is trying to trick the nature. Imagine what happens after 10 years. The population in Africa would grow extremely! And that leads to bigger amount of money needed to keep them alive. Life balance is normal thing, look at animals, everywhere balance, but human try to trick it. Perhaps it is possible in wealthy countries, yet possibilities becomes limited sooner or later, especially limit is visible in third level counties. They populate like dogs, we help them to populate - no balance. If they wuold populate and die, a certain number of lifes would be that get enough of food and space, that's how nature works and human is nothing but an animal just like the rest, just more brainy, an animal who tries to trick the nature. If population keeps growing, there wouldn't be enough resources nor space. You can't feed 1000 billion people on earth, right? Earth is too small. Other planets? It takes nearly 1300 light years to travel to a proper planet. But thats off topic.
Except for the part where people with power overstep their boundaries and can't be stopped since the police/military force is theirs by law.

If people didn't get blinded by power and money then I'd say a monarchy with a wise ruler would be more than perfect. Sadly such people are hard to come by.
Exactly. Even though a man is honest, he is ruined by the system or influenced by other, the not honest ones, that are in charge.

I believe it is very normal what is happening right now. We have a democracy, it is shit, right? Yeah, it is terrible shit. Good, let it be one. So we have a corruption inside our system, people are corrupted and manipulated by $$$. Okay, people who aren't, begin to notice such and sooner or later democracy degenerate and then we need revolutions! There is no way to avoid the bloodshed at the moments like this, but this allows to renew the goverment, kick out old motherfuckers who ruin the system by their individual desires and to put new people, honest ones, and let years run until they get corrupted by the system and get replaced by the revolution once again. Look at history of other countries and this kind of circle would be visible enough. And perhaps after a ton of years and a ton of repeated mistakes, people might see the gaps in the system and seek for solution, perhaps only then we would be able to avoid cons in the system.

That's just some thinking, my opinion.
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 am

The system will be on the basis of a welfare state; those who are obedient and subservient to the One World Government will be rewarded with the means to live; those who are rebellious will simply be starved to death or be declared outlaws

Meaning people must obey and there is no such thing as freedom to word or opinion, sound like communism / typical dictatorship.
the world will have 1 govenment not 1 dictator the dictators would have no use of abusing the people because every human being remaining would have a wealthy existance. the outlaws will be forced to work for the people of the one world government. They could not establish a normal situation in over idk how many years.. we donated raised up events tried teaching them but they dont do a thing out of there own. everything has to be done for them. i dont think that they will ever become like europe or america.
and as long as they dont get on their level they only give us war, disseases, riots, terrorists and criminals.
Truth. But who would take this task to guid the third country? Another question, would they agree to be taken to someone else's hands or resist? This sound like occupation if done against the will.
we dont guide the third country we will let them take care of themselves. if they want to life a normal life, they'll have to do it on their own. if they try rebelling we show them that we do not show compassion and every thought of rebellion will be trialed.

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 am

RedSphinx wrote:
1.Talking of Joel's videos. About first one, I can't recall who said that, but something like that: *Democracy is terrible system, but can you think of any better?*

2.And I really liked the second video, it is exactly what I think about pop culture, ipown should watch it three times a day for each day.

3.Bigots video was great, but according to that guy, apposing to an opinion is being a bigot? I agree we must listen to different side, but we can oppose, can't we?

4.Last video opened my eyes But I know examples from my personal experience when children are raised as centres of universe and they think they are one, meaning they would be some greater bigots. I think it is not only elimination of violence that is needed to raise independent and tolerant person.

1. Democracy is good yes, but at a large scale it falls apart. This is because mass populations are too easily influenced by what they are told by people in positions of authority (For example politicians and state run media), and the cries of the minority that can see how horrible the situation is are drowned out. As I see it democracy is just the tyranny of the majority, and we are ruled by whoever owns a monopoly of violence against the population.

Hmmm to put it one way, if an individual is deemed insane, they are mocked, looked down upon and punished. But when insanity is common within a large population, it becomes the normal. When this insanity is backed up by authority figures, once again government and state run media, it is just accepted without question.

Look at the state of the European Union now, many laws are passed throughout Europe by unelected judges which the native people of individual countries have no control over. This is what you would call indirect democracy, it's a joke! Willie was talking about a one world government. . . That is the worse case scenario. This will just mean that the population of the world will have virtually no control over what laws are passed, and will only lead to oppression. Maybe when the Human race evolves further, and can overcome its instinct for power and violence, it could be more realistic.

Democracy at a smaller scale works better, without state intervention, small sized communities can work very efficiently. Communities around the size of Dunbar's number could work very well I think. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar_number). As everyone in the community would know each other, and understand the relationship of the community as a whole, the passing of oppressive state laws would not be necessary.

2. Yes, Alex Jones does talk alot of rubbish some times but this video shows everything great about him. I almost feel sorry for many children who are raised with the pop culture bieber-fever lada-gaga bullshit i see today. It's not only children though, when I try and raise conversation with people at work, (people who are 20-50 years old) or anywhere about the state of the world today, they just look at me with a blank stare, or remain apathetic. It almost seems like alot of people are barely self-aware, let alone aware of the world around them. It almost makes the situation seem hopeless. All they care about is their bullshit facebook status updates and twitter feeds, with their phones glued to their eyes 24/7. It is almost like they are living in the matrix

3. I think what he was saying was that it is ok to oppose an opinion, but to not consider that your opinion may be wrong, in the face of all the facts, is the definition of bigotry.

4. It is more about parents than children. Parents are the first and strongest role models many children will have. If they are raised to believe that the way the world is, with state run violence, eugenics programs and the like are fine and normal, they will pass this on to their children, and the cycle continues. With large scale democracy also, the most irresponsible parents, who have many children without having the ability to raise them, and relying on the state for welfare, healthcare etc. means that these children are more likely to grow up to be irresponsible parents. Thereby passing on the dogma their state feeds them.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Joel on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Got alot on my mind.)
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:35 pm

WRUM! wrote:NOBODY is perfect.

It must be easy cause nobody said so !!

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next