Where Gladiators Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» does limits still look at this board
by Limits Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am

» hi its me sumai
by Jianyu Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:47 pm

» Worst Gladiators in FreestyleGunZ
by Limits Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

» HOWZER IS A FAMOUS TV STAR NOW
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm

» forgot this site existed
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Give us a serious discussion board.

+5
williewodka
TugaLord
[A]ncient
GokuLowClass
Joel
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Give us a serious discussion board. - Page 3 Empty Re: Give us a serious discussion board.

Post by [A]ncient Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:03 am

You guys are talking about Utopia... It looks perfect but it's impossible.
The reason is people are too different and even reeducating them won't do anything because there are always those who fail to comply to the term of the "new society".

I see you guys talked about religion, religion is one of the mass-control institutions.
And those try to maintain their power and state, I doubt they'll be willing to give it up for a "peaceful" perfect society, heck look at Christianity, they already hate Jehovah's and Islam and much others. Their stories and ideas are not compatible. Much like how most people are just not as compatible as we'd want them to be.

Besides didn’t religion cause some wars already? Simply because they wished to convert them to their ideals and ideas? *WOLOLO*(I know right :p).

The thing is utopia will never be achieved, unless we can somehow root out the bad seeds from society. The problem is however that those bad seeds do not always blossom within view. I’ve read the Communistic Manifest of Karl Marx, I enjoyed his ideas but realized much like he said himself that it is but an utopia.

Has anyone of you guys read “Brave New World” from Aldous Huxley? It’s also about the new perfect society, and it also shows it’s weaknesses it may contain. It’s a book I’d urge you all to read before going into wishful thinking of a perfect “human” world.

Thus I myself have come to the conclusion that we can never attain perfect harmony because we are too different to be able to. We have different priorities, needs, wishes, different moral standards and much more. I understand why we’d want a perfect world, but as many of us who thought about such things. We are to realize it’s impossible in the end.

And implanting chips into our brains would be breach of privacy and freedom, I do not support it at all. Even if it could make things so much easier, it would turn us into “zombies, slaves of the society”.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character
Name: Yagamento The Dragon Sage
Race: Dragonian

Back to top Go down

Give us a serious discussion board. - Page 3 Empty Re: Give us a serious discussion board.

Post by sillyfishy Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:14 am

ancient your 'you think im crazy now' pic doesnt fit my screen, it overlaps some text
sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 am

sillyfishy wrote:ancient your 'you think im crazy now' pic doesnt fit my screen, it overlaps some text
I'll shrink it for you ;D!
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyfishy Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 am

thank you

sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 am

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:46 am

sillyfishy wrote:thank you

My pleasure, and rather amusing vid ;p.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 am

Thus I myself have come to the conclusion that we can never attain perfect harmony because we are too different to be able to. We have different priorities, needs, wishes, different moral standards and much more. I understand why we’d want a perfect world, but as many of us who thought about such things. We are to realize it’s impossible in the end.

And implanting chips into our brains would be breach of privacy and freedom, I do not support it at all. Even if it could make things so much easier, it would turn us into “zombies, slaves of the society”.
It is truly impossible and it should never be possible. Imagine what would happen if we had something like perfect world with perfect law system, perfect society, perfect goverment etc. How boring would that be? Nothing to fight for. The only thing in my opinion should be gone is religion, take out religion from people lifes and half of all problems are gone already. Wars, terrorism, hatred to other nations would be gone, as well as many other trifles of low importance, people would be wiser and use their head, not like now counting on an illusion and reading Koran which says: Islam must despise nonbelievers.
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by GokuLowClass Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 am

williewodka wrote:

GokuLowClass
Herr der Gladiatoren

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 am

RedSphinx wrote:

It is truly impossible and it should never be possible. Imagine what would happen if we had something like perfect world with perfect law system, perfect society, perfect goverment etc. How boring would that be? Nothing to fight for. The only thing in my opinion should be gone is religion, take out religion from people lifes and half of all problems are gone already. Wars, terrorism, hatred to other nations would be gone, as well as many other trifles of low importance, people would be wiser and use their head, not like now counting on an illusion and reading Koran which says: Islam must despise nonbelievers.

Thank you agreeing with me, as I said it's a utopia.
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyfishy Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:04 am

actually what hes trying to say is that even that is not a utopia
i think

sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:30 am

At the matter of fact, all these big questions have no answers, if it had, it would have been answered already, many minds were put towards it through history resulting in only guessing and subjective opinion based thoughts. I don't know, is it better to admit that there is no answer or to think about it and try to find the answer with all strength even though there would never be one straight answer?
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:53 pm

RedSphinx wrote:

i'm a christian i go to church

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:15 pm

WHY CAN'T THE HUMAN MIND EVOLVE BEYOND IT'S BASIC INSTINCTS?

WHY IS A UTOPIA NOT POSSIBLE?

If "we" as in the population of the world pass down these ideals to our children, and they to their children, could it one day not become a reality?

DID THE CAVE-MAN EVER DREAM OF THE EMPIRE STATE? OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB?

to willie:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyfishy Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 pm

we should feed everyone xtc
like i have now
love everything Very Happy
sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Give us a serious discussion board. - Page 3 Empty dat parentheses

Post by Joel Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 pm

sillyfishy wrote:we should feed everyone xtc
like i have now
love everything Very Happy

Too bad MDMA is neurotoxic and destroys serotonin receptors at high doses/ with regular usese.

Although some drugs that are analogues of analogues of MDMA claim to be less neurotoxic (6-APB, 5-APB, 5-IT). Since not many people have tried these drugs it's kinda hard to put together a case study of their effects on the human mind. All I can say i I feel fine after use. Virtually no comedown/depression or headaches. I guess the next 30 years will tell the amount of obscure shit i have taken

I do agree that everyone should try MDMA, LSD, 2c-*, 6-APB, Mushrooms, 5-1T, DMT, Ayahuasca, or any other psychedelic at least once. I know they helped open my mind, and see the world for what it is.

I like the way Alexander Shulgin approaches his research. He syntheses his chemicals, tests them on him self first, then his wife, then a test subject group. He has found many uses for MDMA and other phenethylamines in the area of psychiatric treatment. Nah though, the state would rather peddle their drugs from big-pharma, which barely work, have hundreds of side effects, and show withdrawal symptoms. (SSRI's, Tricyclics, MAOI's). Not to mention they prescribe these to 12-13 year olds, whose minds have not even developed yet. I could talk for an hour about ADD/ADHD medication, but lets not go that into that

It's the same with Igoba / Ibogaine. Many Heroin/cocaine/crack/meth/alcohol addicts have said they have been completely cured after 1-3 treatments. But no. The state would rather prescribe Valium, methadone, buprenorphine, just to line the pockets of the owners of big pharma. and keep the addicts addicted.

Luckily the war on drugs is failing. I just hope that when many drugs are legalised it is legislated in the right way... 21+ only, must be 100% pure product, no adulterants allowed to be added by companies wanting to make big bucks, like hey do with tobacco.

A man can dream,
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:13 pm

If "we" as in the population of the world pass down these ideals to our children, and they to their children, could it one day not become a reality?

DID THE CAVE-MAN EVER DREAM OF THE EMPIRE STATE? OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB?
Talking of utopia, we don't have what to pass, because currently there are no ideals. We can't make utopia right now, meaning we don't have what to pass to our children but some kind of subjective ideas like nazi did at schools in WW2. Look at chronology of history, from the cave man to modern man, yet no perfect system or worth attention clue about it.

In my opinion, utopia should never exist, because humanity is doomed to live and fight for it, fight the endless war. Improve improve improve, like we did from empire, absolutism to democracy. We simply improve but not reaching perfection which should not be reached, it is like endless decreasing geometric progression in mathematcs, when the sequence is approaching to zero, but would never reach it.

i'm a christian i go to church
Kool.
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by anaesthetic Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:30 am

ther's no utopia without U
anaesthetic
anaesthetic
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

About brave new world/1984 if you have read them . . . it saves me writing a wall of text.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 am

[quote="Joel" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]
i dont see the need for some1 like u callingme a retard

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyfishy Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 am

denial
sillyfishy
sillyfishy
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by williewodka Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:48 am

williewodka
Triple OG
KUSH AND WISDOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 pm

williewodka wrote:[quote="Joel" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lack of ability to quote correctly, and lack of a space between "calling" and "me."

I guess you qualify!

Seriously though, you're a troll. You can't refute against anything that I post, you copy and paste segments of random shit... (You can tell because it actually has correct grammar.)

Carry on smoking the herb, brother, it's all good!
Joel
Joel
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancegeis Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Lancegeis
Lancegeis
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by [A]ncient Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Joel wrote:
williewodka wrote:[quote="Joel" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lack of ability to quote correctly, and lack of a space between "calling" and "me."

I guess you qualify!

Seriously though, you're a troll. You can't refute against anything that I post, you copy and paste segments of random shit... (You can tell because it actually has correct grammar.)

Carry on smoking the herb, brother, it's all good!

This post right here describes Willie perfectly ;D
[A]ncient
[A]ncient
Head Admin/Event Manager
Head Admin/Event Manager

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post by RedSphinx Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am

Harshly said, but truth.
RedSphinx
RedSphinx
No Life
No Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next