Where Gladiators Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» does limits still look at this board
by Limits Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 am

» hi its me sumai
by Jianyu Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:47 pm

» Worst Gladiators in FreestyleGunZ
by Limits Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm

» HOWZER IS A FAMOUS TV STAR NOW
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 pm

» forgot this site existed
by Jianyu Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm

SEIKUKEN ON PEDAL

+9
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
honey2433
Limits
ThaChamp
Vire
happilymarried
BoozeAddict
panchamukha
Raikiboi
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SEIKUKEN ON PEDAL Empty SEIKUKEN ON PEDAL

Post by Raikiboi Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:07 am

Hello i'm seikuken.

So recently I was talking to some gladiators about pedal (or peddle) and it made me ponder a few things.

First off, what exactly is pedal? I've always known it to be the act of moving out of tipslash range while attacking i.e sidepedal and backpedal. But why is such a move considered bad or a noob move?

Let's take a look at flip. Flip these days are disabled in most gladiator rooms, and rightly so. Most consider it overpowered as it allows one to get a number of free hits with a greater return over the cost of actually flipping (it leaves you open as opposed to for example blocking or slashing). It can be said that pedal is very similar as it allows you to take minimal damage, as you are escaping, while also dealing damage. However, unlike flip, pedal cannot be banned because there simply isn't one button that executes the action alone.

There is, infact, a difference between flip and pedal. Pedal users can actually be chased down or intercepted given that your massive control and/or timing is better than theirs. This is one reason why pro gladiators can seemingly take down almost all gladiators that tend to play defensively by not approaching.

Still, it is known as a nooby move. Why so? One gladiator mentions that if you lose any battle, you should assume that you made a mistake. It shouldn't be your opponent as they are the victor. A mindset of "i must beat him" should be preferred over "I only died because he pedals". I've experienced feeling many times, even yesterday. The only person you should blame is yourself, but instead of feeling sorry for yourself, you should gather determination and be prepared to win next time. Overcoming an opponent who doesn't approach takes much more skill than simply not approaching. Furthermore, rather than being taboo, pedal should be seen as a move that is of a lower skill level. Those who utilise it can do so, however. The only issue lies within the ethics of gladiator. It's not fun to play against one who spams this move,but if that's how it is, beat it. Show them why gladiator is an art consisting of clever mechanics, wits and of course.. FUN!!

Finally, I'd like to point out that glads like Yin, Sal or Kingsolo should not receive hate for the way they play because if you ignore the "pedal" you'd realise they are actually pretty good.

Research paper submitted by ROMA

TL;DR Pedal is a dick move but it is not an "illegal move" in gladiator. Beat it instead of complaining and you will become the very best, like no one ever was. (DUN DUN DUN, to catch them is my real test! To train them is my cauuuuuuuuse!)

Last edited by Raikiboi on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

SEIKUKEN ON PEDAL Empty Re: SEIKUKEN ON PEDAL

Post by panchamukha Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:17 am

I honestly don't mind it. Especially, if you're being offensive while incorporating it. I'd prefer doing that instead of eating slashes at moments when your in a shitty position. Though, I don't slash when I draw back. I don't care if you do. I think it's ok.

Dylan would kinda jump back with a static bf and string a combo following it.

If you balance it out while being offensive but playing safe ; its ok.

But if I'm fighting EU and I'm obligated to lead my slashes I think its annoying if your constantly baiting and being runny waiting for me to approach so you can punish me.
panchamukha
panchamukha
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:22 am

Yeah man. I don't really like those who spam it but hey. The feeling once u beat it is great. Some peddlers have made me try harder than fighting top tier gladiators. Surprised

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by panchamukha Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 am

True . you're obliged to read and time more. I think it's playing smart.
panchamukha
panchamukha
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by BoozeAddict Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:54 am

I liked the 1st season of yowamushi pedal, but the newer ones got kinda shit. It was mostly about guys in tight pants touching each other. Meh... I didn't even watch the last season.

BoozeAddict
No Life
No Life

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by happilymarried Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:48 am

delete me from credits i dont agree with 80% of it
i agree with tldr and thats about it

Last edited by happilymarried on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
happilymarried
happilymarried
ice ice baby

Back to top Go down

Post by happilymarried Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:53 am

i said remove me, not bold me the fuck up
do you have a death wish
happilymarried
happilymarried
ice ice baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:54 am

Don't act like I didn't take this from what you sent me last night on skype

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vire Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 am

I liked this version better
"Research paper formulated with the help of the GunZ analytics Roma and Sharky."

=)

Vire
Badiator
Badiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:57 am

Ok I improved it a lil bit.

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by happilymarried Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:58 am

quote me then
i admire your courage but it wont work
happilymarried
happilymarried
ice ice baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:05 am

happilymarried wrote:quote me then

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaChamp Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:48 am

People talk about pedal as if they don't do it
ThaChamp
ThaChamp
Gladiator
Gladiator

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vire Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:55 am

Raikiboi wrote:
happilymarried wrote:quote me then

Brave!!

Vire
Badiator
Badiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:10 am

Why??? Will he hit me???? Crying or Very sad

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Limits Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:49 am

backpeddle its totally worst
Limits
Limits
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by honey2433 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:08 am

I like chocolate
honey2433
honey2433
Gladiator
Gladiator

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:12 am

Does anyone want to explain how pedalling in your offense is even a thing? New players keep talking about it, but I don't get it.
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by [D]ark[YIN] Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:19 pm

panchamukha wrote:I honestly don't mind it. Especially, if you're being offensive while incorporating it. I'd prefer doing that instead of eating slashes at moments when your in a shitty position. Though, I don't slash when I draw back. I don't care if you do. I think it's ok.
if u peddle, combo = over
next

Raikiboi wrote:Hello i'm seikuken.

So recently I was talking to some gladiators about pedal (or peddle) and it made me ponder a few things.

First off, what exactly is pedal? I've always known it to be the act of moving out of tipslash range while attacking i.e sidepedal and backpedal. But why is such a move considered bad or a noob move?

Let's take a look at flip. Flip these days are disabled in most gladiator rooms, and rightly so. Most consider it overpowered as it allows one to get a number of free hits with a greater return over the cost of actually flipping (it leaves you open as opposed to for example blocking or slashing). It can be said that pedal is very similar as it allows you to take minimal damage, as you are escaping, while also dealing damage. However, unlike flip, pedal cannot be banned because there simply isn't one button that executes the action alone.

There is, infact, a difference between flip and pedal. Pedal users can actually be chased down or intercepted given that your massive control and/or timing is better than theirs. This is one reason why pro gladiators can seemingly take down almost all gladiators that tend to play defensively by not approaching.

Still, it is known as a nooby move. Why so? One gladiator mentions that if you lose any battle, you should assume that you made a mistake. It shouldn't be your opponent as they are the victor. A mindset of "i must beat him" should be preferred over "I only died because he pedals". I've experienced feeling many times, even yesterday. The only person you should blame is yourself, but instead of feeling sorry for yourself, you should gather determination and be prepared to win next time. Overcoming an opponent who doesn't approach takes much more skill than simply not approaching. Furthermore, rather than being taboo, pedal should be seen as a move that is of a lower skill level. Those who utilise it can do so, however. The only issue lies within the ethics of gladiator. It's not fun to play against one who spams this move,but if that's how it is, beat it. Show them why gladiator is an art consisting of clever mechanics, wits and of course.. FUN!!

Finally, I'd like to point out that glads like Yin, Sal or Kingsolo should not receive hate for the way they play because if you ignore the "pedal" you'd realise they are actually pretty good.

Research paper submitted by ROMA

TL;DR Pedal is a dick move but it is not an "illegal move" in gladiator. Beat it instead of complaining and you will become the very best, like no one ever was. (DUN DUN DUN, to catch them is my real test! To train them is my cauuuuuuuuse!)
yea no wonder roma told me to not get on eubads yesterday, so much bs in one post is far too funny
i dont even know where to start
yea no i dont peddle, i leave and whoever feels that they won by running out of the arena every time can hang the 4-3 ss of beating me on the wall as if anyone cares
to be honest, I don't even know why I bothered to reply to one of many rumors about me on gunz, because gunz's community in 2015 comes str8 out of fukin habbo hotel with the gossiping bullshit. Not even a game anymore, it turned into club penguin

peddle is about probabilities, not skill. The overall probability of beating it is less than the probability of being beaten by a peddler, seeing as they have less of a chance to lose than you do. "THEN BEAT IT BY BEING BETTER" Ok, if you think in percentages about things like timing and massive control then I feel sad for you. Try being 3x better than your opponent. Either they suck or you target nibs. You don't become 3x better than someone instantly during one fight. That's logic, not that kung fu guru stuff you said. And yeah lose the analogical reasoning cuz flip is a move and peddle is a concept.

If you feel my thinking is limited, be my guest. Consider the boundary of your opinion being overly optimistic first before trying to call me a pessimist however. If your opponent can somewhat time and control massives, yet you can do it slightly better, then if he peddles he wins. If you can do it 3x better which is almost improbable, then consider that you're fighting nubs and you're painting everyone with a single toolbrush
[D]ark[YIN]
[D]ark[YIN]
I SUK WILLY's DICK

Back to top Go down

Post by panchamukha Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:25 am

I dont backpeddle nor do I give a shit about it. Holy shit your posts are nauseating.
panchamukha
panchamukha
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:02 am

♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ wrote:Does anyone want to explain how pedalling in your offense is even a thing? New players keep talking about it, but I don't get it.

It's possible to combo someone, then pedal away, then return before neutrality is reached.

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:24 am

if u peddle, combo = over
next

^ lol.

yea no wonder roma told me to not get on eubads yesterday, so much bs in one post is far too funny
yea no i dont peddle, i leave and whoever feels that they won by running out of the arena every time can hang the 4-3 ss of beating me on the wall as if anyone cares

k, dont know wat ur talking about because no one said u pedalled and ok thanks for the other story.

to be honest, I don't even know why I bothered to reply to one of many rumors about me on gunz, because gunz's community in 2015 comes str8 out of fukin habbo hotel with the gossiping bullshit. Not even a game anymore, it turned into club penguin

u should try to figure out why u would reply to a post in club penguin and also could you please locate the rumor.

peddle is about probabilities, not skill. The overall probability of beating it is less than the probability of being beaten by a peddler, seeing as they have less of a chance to lose than you do.

lol so ur saying that if u died to a peddler its because there is a solid 7/10 chance he is going to win and you aren't? Even if it's a terrible peddler the overall chance is in his favour? OK.

"THEN BEAT IT BY BEING BETTER" Ok, if you think in percentages about things like timing and massive control then I feel sad for you.

please quote any % that i used. Or any number for that matter.

Try being 3x better than your opponent. Either they suck or you target nibs. You don't become 3x better than someone instantly during one fight. That's logic, not that kung fu guru stuff you said.

Ya ur stupid because ur the one talking in percentages now and i also didn't say u somehow become better in one fight.

And yeah lose the analogical reasoning cuz flip is a move and peddle is a concept.

That's basically what I said.

If you feel my thinking is limited, be my guest.

I'll be your guest.

Consider the boundary of your opinion being overly optimistic first before trying to call me a pessimist however. If your opponent can somewhat time and control massives, yet you can do it slightly better, then if he peddles he wins.

Yes, which is why you try to learn to beat him. Not just give up because the probabilities of you winning are lower.

If you can do it 3x better which is almost improbable, then consider that you're fighting nubs and you're painting everyone with a single toolbrush

Hey look more random multiples. It looks like it's improbable to beat anyone by becoming better in this game!!11!1

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by [D]ark[YIN] Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 am

Raikiboi wrote:if u peddle, combo = over
next

^ lol.

k, dont know wat ur talking about because no one said u pedalled and ok thanks for the other story.

u should try to figure out why u would reply to a post in club penguin and also could you please locate the rumor.

peddle is about probabilities, not skill. The overall probability of beating it is less than the probability of being beaten by a peddler, seeing as they have less of a chance to lose than you do.

lol so ur saying that if u died to a peddler its because there is a solid 7/10 chance he is going to win and you aren't? Even if it's a terrible peddler the overall chance is in his favour? OK.

"THEN BEAT IT BY BEING BETTER" Ok, if you think in percentages about things like timing and massive control then I feel sad for you.

please quote any % that i used. Or any number for that matter.

Try being 3x better than your opponent. Either they suck or you target nibs. You don't become 3x better than someone instantly during one fight. That's logic, not that kung fu guru stuff you said.

Ya ur stupid because ur the one talking in percentages now and i also didn't say u somehow become better in one fight.

And yeah lose the analogical reasoning cuz flip is a move and peddle is a concept.

That's basically what I said.

If you feel my thinking is limited, be my guest.

I'll be your guest.

Consider the boundary of your opinion being overly optimistic first before trying to call me a pessimist however. If your opponent can somewhat time and control massives, yet you can do it slightly better, then if he peddles he wins.

Yes, which is why you try to learn to beat him. Not just give up because the probabilities of you winning are lower.

If you can do it 3x better which is almost improbable, then consider that you're fighting nubs and you're painting everyone with a single toolbrush

Hey look more random multiples. It looks like it's improbable to beat anyone by becoming better in this game!!11!1

Let it all out
get it out of ur system

Suckuken wrote:lol so ur saying that if u died to a peddler its because there is a solid 7/10 chance he is going to win and you aren't? Even if it's a terrible peddler the overall chance is in his favour? OK.

only thing worth replying to, rest is trollish bollocks. I'm saying that if someone peddles and you don't run into it, they'll come back and get hit. If you run into it and you die yeah thats stupid. After a bit of repetition, people complain that you don't approach like Bioxity. Obv why approach a bp? What do u get if someone can't approach, thus peddle? Nothing, you don't approach, they don't approach, there's no fight. If there's no fight, it's over. That's something people like you don't seem to get that if someone runs or peddles even once, the fight is already over and you start anew. Once or twice is okay, shit happens. Imagine someone who does that a lot. No fight at all. 5 rounds is 10 rounds. I recorded myself fighting kingslowlo once and it was like 5 rounds 24 minutes. 24 minutes is usually 20 rounds +/- . Running into someone who peddles is like a game of rock, paper scissors, only peddling is a dominant strategy. You have to guess, and if you fuck up, you eat a massive, a slash, a recoil, anything. If they screw up, they'll miss, sometimes changing direction, pushing you back with a massive or whatnot. Get that through your head and you can start thinking deeper about your beloved game. You can't beat the game's logic and you can't beat your human limits.

TL;dr: Seeing as you're pretty stupid, I'll cut it up for you. Peddle exists, not because you die to it, but because it ends a fight. You can't beat someone who refuses to participate in a fight. Unless someone joins a room, you can't fight them. Unless they fight, you can't hit them. Unless you hit them, you can't kill them. Peddle is a way to refuse a fight in terms of overall movement and the interaction between two players. You always have a choice and mostly my choice is to stand still and wait. That's not a fight anymore, is it?

Raikiboi wrote:
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ wrote:Does anyone want to explain how pedalling in your offense is even a thing? New players keep talking about it, but I don't get it.

It's possible to combo someone, then pedal away, then return before neutrality is reached.
Not really true, because once you stop hitting, I stop getting stunned and I can move. If
you bp, for example, I get to step back and when you come back your butterfly or what-not will miss and I can static you off of me.
^It's an example
[D]ark[YIN]
[D]ark[YIN]
I SUK WILLY's DICK

Back to top Go down

Post by ♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:28 am

Raikiboi wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean, like, someone hits you, moves way out of range (like BF's backwards twice), and then moves into range again and hits you? What'd be the point of that?
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥
(\__/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
(\__/) (>'.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikiboi Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:30 am

♡♥♡(✿◠‿◠)✿♥♡♥ wrote:
Raikiboi wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean, like, someone hits you, moves way out of range (like BF's backwards twice), and then moves into range again and hits you? What'd be the point of that?

As in, someone is comboing you, maybe you're holding block or are stunned or you're trying to groundslash. The comboer then sidepeddles u, away from u so u cant hit them back or massive them. Then they instantly bf back towards u to continue their lil combo, rinse and repeat

Raikiboi
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum